Monday 24 March 2008

I Am Julia, 27 y.o. Russia (dating)

Subject: Re: I Am Julia, 27 y.o. Russia (dating)
To: Doug Lloyd

Hi Doug,

That's great, I'm really pleased for you. It's good that you're able to explore all your feelings, and great that you're experimenting with different roles. Role playing can be a lot of fun, and I'm sure we all get the desire from time to time to be someone else, to temporarily step into someone else's shoes, or act out a fantasy. It's natural and mostly harmless.

But this is the third time you've written to me today, and each time you've claimed to be someone different. First Stephanie, then Emily, now Julia. None of which, I should point out, are typical Russian names. There comes a time in life when we have to start being honest with others, and more importantly with ourselves.

I just want you to think about that for a while. Would you do that for me? Thanks, Doug.

best wishes,
Simon

1 comment:

  1. funny funny
    good stuff.

    I like how you find humor in the literal.

    ReplyDelete